Clinical Nurse Consultant
- Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of other people
- Attractive salary circa part-time $53,296.80 -$56,205.44, plus salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900.
- Attractive remuneration package, commensurate with skills and qualifications
CentacareCQ is a large, vibrant and well respected community organisation providing services across Central Queensland - from Mackay in the north to Bundaberg in the south, and out to the Central West. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate yet professional social services. We do this through education, counselling, and community support - encouraging and strengthening individuals, couples, and families to continue to develop and grow in all areas of their lives.
About the Opportunity
CentacareCQ has opportunities for a part-time Clinical Nurse Consultant to join the Community Care Service Team based in Rockhampton (flexible working hours up to 60.8 hours per fortnight).
As a member of the Community Care Services Team, Clinical Nurse Consultants are responsible for providing a range of information, support and professional guidance to operational staff and are a member of the Regional Leadership Team for the Community Care Program. Key tasks of this role include:
• The identification of trends and patterns related to overall and individual client care and the provision of supports and guidance to enhance the wellbeing of clients.
• Working collaboratively with operational staff to develop and implement individual care plans for complex clients that enhance provided supports.
• Undertaking client reviews and assessments to ensure appropriate client care services are delivered.
• Providing direct client services via in-home nursing care.
• Supporting the operations of the clinical governance framework within the team.
The Clinical Nurse Consultant must ensure they provide services in accordance with relevant funding guidelines and standards, organisational policy and procedures and promote client choice and control.
Duties of the role include:
Mission, Vision & Values
- Support a positive culture within the organisation in line with CentacareCQ mission, vision and values;
- Participate actively in formation activities.
- Provide a wide range of nursing services to CentacareCQ clients as outlined in client care plans and funding guidelines. Services provided shall be within the skills and competencies of the incumbent;
- Undertake reviews, develop care plans and provide assessments for complex clients;
- Undertake record keeping for services provided to meet operational and clinical requirements. This includes maintaining records to facilitate client billing for services.
- Regularly monitor clinical governance incidents which occur within the Community Care Team, reviewing incidents, providing advice and supporting resolution where possible;
- Monitor clinical incidents and complex clients to identify trends and patterns and advise on care and other needs to support overall client wellbeing;
- Monitor and support other community care team members to undertake care plans and support clients effectively. This can include the provision of training and mentoring to support workers and case managers working with complex clients.
Complaint & Incident Management
- Report on incidents which occur within the business unit in a timely manner;
- Review all Riskman entries assigned and provide advice, guidance and action as required;
- Create and support a safe working environment for all employees within the community care team.
About the Benefits
To reward your commitment, CentacareCQ will offer an attractive salary package circa $53,296.80 -$56,205.44, plus generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay.
The successful candidate will also enjoy a range of outstanding benefits, including:
- In-service training and professional development (you will receive extensive induction before commencing employment, as well as ongoing development opportunities)
- A healthy work/life balance and supportive family friendly practices within the workplace
For the full Position Description, click here.
This is a rewarding role, working with a professional, friendly team in an organisation that makes a real and positive difference within the community. Apply now!
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in a Police record check and a Working with Children check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia and disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.