Support Worker - Emerald
- Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of other people
- Attractive remuneration package, commensurate with skills and qualifications
CentacareCQ is a large, vibrant and well respected community organisation providing services across Central Queensland - from Mackay in the north to Bundaberg in the south, and out to the Central West. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate yet professional social services. We do this through education, counselling, and community support - encouraging and strengthening individuals, couples, and families to continue to develop and grow in all areas of their lives.
About the Opportunity
CentacareCQ has opportunities for Support Workers to join the Community Care Service Team based in Emerald.
The pre-requisites of this position are as follows:
- Current Blue and Yellow Cards or be willing to obtain these
- Experience working with moderate to high challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated experience with personal care, medications, hoists & manual handling
- A current Australian Drivers Licence and be willing to transport people in your car when required
- A current First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain one
What we are looking for:
- A team player
- Need the ability to be flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations
- Experience with personal care, medications, manual handling and behaviour support plans
- Be willing to work shift over a 24/7 roster and emergency shifts
- Domestic assistance, which may include sweeping, mopping and vacuuming, dusting, folding, ironing, cleaning bathroom and toilet and any other suitable house duties;
- Personal care - assisting clients with daily self-care tasks;
- Meals - to deliver in home meals or assist with preparation of meals;
- Transport - delivered in CentacareCQ vehicles
- Social support, such as visiting services, assisting people with shopping and other social activities;
- Medication assistance;
- Respite services.
About the Benefits
The successful candidate will also enjoy a range of outstanding benefits, including:
- In-service training and professional development (you will receive extensive induction before commencing employment, as well as ongoing development opportunities);
A healthy work/life balance and supports family friendly practices within the workplace;
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits to increase your take-home pay.
Cadet Support Worker for full Position Description, click here.
Support Worker for the full Position Description, click here.
Support Worker (Qualified) for the full Position Description, click here.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in a Police record check and a Working with Children check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia, and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.