Family Support Worker
- Attractive salary $61,327.17 - $67,576.74, plus salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900.
- Build your career with a diverse range of professional development opportunities and in-service training.
- CentacareCQ welcomes applications from Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander persons.
CentacareCQ is a large, vibrant and well-respected community organisation providing services across Central Queensland - from Mackay in the north, to Bundaberg in the south and out to the Central West. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate yet professional social services. We do this through education, counselling and community support - encouraging and strengthening individuals, couples and families to develop and grow in all areas of their lives.
About the Opportunity
CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a full-time Family Support Worker to join their dedicated Health and Wellbeing Services Team in Emerald.
The role of the Family Support Worker is to provide education, information, support, referral and advocacy services to families by building stronger attachments between child and parent, strengthening the caring and parenting skills of the caregivers and their participation in community life.
- Planning, promoting and conducting a range of educational programs for parents and families to develop functional parenting skills, resilience and coping strategies;
- Maintaining duty of care, including effective assessment of domestic and family violence, child abuse and self-harm;
- Developing appropriate case support plans and advocate for appropriate and relevant support services;
- Working with eligible clients to develop their knowledge and skills to care for and nurture their children and increase their capacity to manage and resolve complex issues in a way that improves their family functioning and resilience;
- Implementing client outcome measures in accordance with service guidelines funding accountability and professional responsibilities;
- Travelling to provide services at a range of CentacareCQ sites including, but not limited to, schools, outreach centres and other agencies;
- Networking with other community agencies and stakeholders and provide appropriate client referrals as needed;
- Working flexible hours to meet client needs, including possible work outside of normal business hours;
- Actively working towards the CentacareCQ mission and within its values framework;
- Completing all required administrative duties including case notes, client bookings and the collection and storage of data as per organisational policies and procedures.
About the Benefits
To reward your commitment, CentacareCQ will offer an attractive salary of $61,327.17 - $67,576.74, plus generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay.
The successful candidate will also enjoy a range of outstanding benefits, including:
- In-service training and professional development (you will receive extensive induction before commencing employment, as well as ongoing development opportunities)
- A healthy work/life balance and supportive family friendly practices within the workplace
For the full Position Description, click here.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in a Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.