Domestic Violence Counsellor – Men’s Support Health and Wellbeing Services
- Join a highly respected community organisation and make a genuine difference in the lives of children, individuals, couples and families.
- Attractive salary circa $71,823.11 - $78,077.90, plus salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900.
- Build your career with a diverse range of professional development opportunities and in-service training.
- CentacareCQ welcomes applications from Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander persons
CentacareCQ is a large, vibrant and well-respected community organisation providing services across Central Queensland - from Mackay in the north, to Bundaberg in the south and out to the Central West. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate yet professional social services. We do this through education, counselling and community support - encouraging and strengthening individuals, couples and families to develop and grow in all areas of their live
About the Opportunity
CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a full-time Domestic Violence Counsellor – Men’s Support to join their dedicated Health and Wellbeing Services Team, based in Emerald.
Accommodation allowance of $150 per week.
This position provides counselling and support to people, predominantly men, who are at risk of, or are experiencing, domestic and family violence. Together with the Health and Wellbeing Services Team, you will work to achieve safer communities through prevention and early intervention activities.
Duties of the role include:
- Provide services for men who perpetrate domestic and family violence that are safe, responsible and accountable in the context of community responses and legal sanctions
- Develop, plan and implement psychoeducational programs to men who perpetrate domestic and family violence
- Engage in integrated community responses to domestic and family violence
- Liaise effectively with appropriate response service providers for referrals and networking purposes, including: police, Child Safety, Men’s Helpline and legal services
- Provide empowerment-based advocacy services to clients
- Undertake case monitoring and review
- Implement client outcome measures in accordance with service guidelines, funding accountability and professional responsibilities
- Travel to provide services at a range of CentacareCQ sites including, but not limited to, schools, outreach centres and other agencies
- Work flexible hours to meet client's needs, including possible work outside of normal business hours
- As needed provide counselling and educational services under other Health and Wellbeing Services Programs as per funding and organisational guidelines
- Complete all required administrative duties including case notes, client's bookings and the collection of data as per organisation policies and procedures
About the Benefits
To reward your commitment, CentacareCQ will offer an attractive salary package circa $71,823.11 - $78,077.90, plus generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay.
The successful candidate will also enjoy a range of outstanding benefits, including:
- In-service training and professional development (you will receive extensive induction before commencing employment, as well as ongoing development opportunities)
- A healthy work/life balance and supportive family friendly practices within the workplace
For the full Position Description, click here.
This is a rewarding role, working with a professional, friendly team in an organisation that makes a real and positive difference within the community. Apply now!
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in a Police record check and a Working with Children check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia, and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.