Quality & Compliance Officer (6 month contract)
- Attractive salary $71,823.11- $78,077.90 plus salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900.
- Build your career with a diverse range of professional development opportunities and in-service training.
- CentacareCQ welcomes applications from Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander persons.
CentacareCQ is a large, vibrant and well-respected community organisation providing services across Central Queensland - from Mackay in the north, to Bundaberg in the south and out to the Central West. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate yet professional social services. We do this through education, counselling and community support - encouraging and strengthening individuals, couples and families to develop and grow in all areas of their lives.
About the Opportunity
CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a full-time Quality & Compliance Officer to join their dedicated Risk and Innovation Team in Rockhampton (6 month contract).
To provide support to the Manager Risk and Innovation to assist in monitoring quality and compliance in line with CentacareCQ policies, procedures, forms and work instructions. This role will provide support to ensure CentacareCQ documents and processes are in line with relevant, standards, legislation, funding contracts and codes of practice by undertaking internal audits, overseeing the response to external accreditation audits and facilitating operational risk workshops.
Mission, Vision & Values
- Support a positive culture within CentacareCQ in line with the organisation’s mission, vision and values.
- Participate actively in formation activities.
Compliance - Internal
- Undertake file audits in line with the CentacareCQ Internal Audit Schedule;
- Undertake internal audits in line with the CentacareCQ Internal Audit Schedule;
- Maintain all records in Riskman;
- Provide support with the ongoing review of the organisational risk register;
- Facilitate workshops and review the business unit operational risk registers;
- Facilitate regular Risk Management Working Group meetings.
Compliance - External
- Maintain a timetable of expected external compliance audits;
- Prior to each compliance audit, facilitate internal reviews to ensure standards are being maintained and identify any gaps in systems required to meet audit standards;
- Once pre-audit paperwork has been received, ensure the completion of all required documentation for submission to the external auditors;
- Undertake onsite support of external compliance auditors and lead CentacareCQ response;
- Maintain all records in Riskman.
- Review suitability of internal controls and advise on best practice for procedures where appropriate;
- Provide support to ensure the Quality Management System aligns with relevant standards, legislation, funding contracts and codes of practice.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing maintenance of an organisation wide Continuous Improvement Plan;
- Provide support to internal stakeholders to ensure the Continuous Improvement Plan is maintained and actions are met within expected timeframes.
- Regularly review incidents and feedback in Riskman;
- Provide assistance to other staff to enable them to lodge incidents and feedback;
- Analyse incidents and feedback data and provide reports to the Senior Leadership Team, in particular where trends have been identified.
About the Benefits
To reward your commitment, CentacareCQ will offer an attractive salary of $71,823.11- $78,077.90, plus generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay.
The successful candidate will also enjoy a range of outstanding benefits, including:
- In-service training and professional development (you will receive extensive induction before commencing employment, as well as ongoing development opportunities)
- A healthy work/life balance and supportive family friendly practices within the workplace
For the full Position Description, click here.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in a Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.