Regional Manager - Clinical & Social Services
- Attractive salary $87,754.82 -$90,404.89, plus salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900.
- Build your career with a diverse range of professional development opportunities and in-service training.
- CentacareCQ welcomes applications from Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander persons.
CentacareCQ is a large, vibrant and well-respected community organisation providing services across Central Queensland - from Mackay in the north, to Bundaberg in the south and out to the Central West. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate yet professional social services. We do this through education, counselling and community support - encouraging and strengthening individuals, couples and families to develop and grow in all areas of their lives.
About the Opportunity
CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a full-time Regional Manager - Clinical & Social Services to join their dedicated Clinical & Social Services Team based in Rockhampton.
As a member of the Clinical & Social Services Team, the Regional Manager – Clinical & Social Services is responsible for the effective delivery of all CentacareCQ’s Clinical & Social Programs within the Rockhampton region. This key management role will be supported by the General Manager - Health and Wellbeing Services and other support functions to deliver a range of clinical and social services that meet (and exceed) quality standards, operate within budget and align the Mission and Values of CentacareCQ.
As the local CentacareCQ representative for Clinical & Social Services, this role will establish partnerships across the region and identify new opportunities for future business development. A key aspect of this role will be to ensure services offered by CentacareCQ meet the needs of local communities.
Mission, Vision & Values
- Support a positive culture within CentacareCQ in line with the organisation’s mission, vision and values.
- Participate actively in formation activities.
Policy, Planning and Communication
- Ensure activities undertaken within the region support the strategic commitment and strategies outlined in the CentacareCQ Strategic plan;
- Ensure the activities of each Clinical & Social Services business unit within the region are aligned towards the achievement of the key performance indicators (KPIs) and ensure regular reports are provided to the General Manager - Health & Wellbeing Services outlining how the Clinical & Social Services business units are performing against the KPIs;
- Identify and encourage innovation across the region ensuring it is effectively planned, communicated and managed;
- Create and support a culture of "Selling/Promoting" CentacareCQ services across the region to support the expansion of services and the achievement of KPIs.
Financial and Resource Management and Control
- Undertake the development of the operating budget for each Clinical & Social Services business unit within the region as part of the CentacareCQ Annual Budget Cycle;
- Regularly (monthly) monitor and review financial performance against approved annual budget and provide feedback on variations as requested;
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to ensure the principles of stewardship are applied to all purchasing decisions made by service delivery staff;
- Identify opportunities for improving the financial performance and sustainability of each business unit through growth in revenue and/or reduction in expenditure.
Business Development and Day-to-day Operation
- Ensure services are delivered across the region in accordance with organisation policies and procedures. Also ensure all services are provided in a manner that ensures the safety of both CentacareCQ Staff and clients;
- Undertake sufficient planning and execution to ensure all contractual requirements within the region for service delivery are meet within budget guidelines;
- Identify, develop and implement business development opportunities, particularly those geared to meet local needs or contribute towards the fulfilment of CentacareCQ's Mission;
- Ensure all client complaints and worker related incidents are investigated and resolved within the required timeframes and documented through the risk management system.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Participate in and represent CentacareCQ at community activities and networking opportunities to build awareness of CentacareCQ services;
- Ensure CentacareCQ is recognised as a reputable and credible provider of services through a practice of good service delivery, a safe working environment and being responsive to consumer feedback.
- Build connections with local communities that enable awareness of local needs and opportunities;
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key local external stakeholders and internal stakeholders across the organisation
- Actively participate in and encourage the participation of all team members in organisational events and activities
About the Benefits
To reward your commitment, CentacareCQ will offer an attractive salary of $87,754.82 -$90,404.89, plus generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay.
The successful candidate will also enjoy a range of outstanding benefits, including:
- In-service training and professional development (you will receive extensive induction upon commencment employment, as well as ongoing development opportunities)
- A healthy work/life balance and supportive family friendly practices within the workplace
For the full Position Description, click here.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in a Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.